Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Best Christmas Present a Mommy Could Ask For...

I am late on Christmas cards if you would like a Sophie card send me your address...

Very few of you know what I received for Christmas, yes it is huge, yes it is wonderful, yes I am in love with the gift. Are you ready???

Here is the story:

As you all know the adoption process can be long (Corey understatement for you) Hell on Corey...
and expensive. So when the time came to go pick up Sophie, really I could only take three weeks off, that is all we could afford at the time. In the back of my head, I knew sometime, I would be able to take more time off with Sophia, I just did not know when.
As some of you know, I have had a rough season at work.I will leave it at that. It has made me stronger and better at my job and at the end of day just wanted to be home with my baby. So after months of talking about it. Frank sat me down and said look quit your job, stay home with Sophie. I was like, well blah blah blah. Three days later, again, you need to make up your mind. I want to be home with her, but also I like what I do. This is part of me. I asked my two year old. Do you want mama to stay home with you. Of course she said yes. I again said this means less toys and less Mcdonalds. Waiting for a no. I got a response of a life time. Mommy I have lots of toys stay home with me. So folks, I gave my notice and I am going to be a stay at home mommy for awhile. I know, I will get a part time job in a few months, because I know me. But for now, I am excited to have a few months with her.

Also, please take a few minutes out of your day and pray for a blogger pal Corey and her family. What the heck these folks cannot get a break. Bless their hearts. I have never met Corey, but from her blog she is a great person with a great family. Come on people pray hard for them they need a break now..

5 comments:

Krystal said...

OH - that is an awesome gift!!! What I wouldn't do to stay at home with my rascals!!! I am so happy for you and for Sophie :)

Michelle Smiles said...

How exciting!

Robyn said...

How exciting!! Enjoy being home with Sophia!!

Robyn

Shelby said...

That is awesome news.
I am sure that Corey and her family appreciate the thoughts. They are on their way to see Addisyn and the twins right now!! Hopefully they will be bringing her home this time..

Amy said...

Thats cool Autumn. Corey is with her kids in Guat now, I know they can't catch a break. Let these babies go already